Hi, there! I’m Jen Perkins, a lover and seeker of meaningful e-learning tools, techniques, and strategies.
What gets me excited? A combination of providing information, increasing motivation to learn, and using digital technologies is my idea of a perfect project.
Both my professional experience and personal interests have contributed greatly to the portfolio that I offer. With more than a decade of expertise as an editor and proofreader, I was able to move naturally into scriptwriting and storyboarding—essential skills for an instructional designer. My interest in website design and development pushed me to create websites for organizations on a volunteer basis, increasing my knowledge of how the Internet works and my design capabilities. A graduate degree that focused on instructional and educational technologies, followed by work in these areas, completed the puzzle, so that now I feel completely at ease in designing and developing effective, meaningful instruction in an online setting.
Software applications with which I am familiar include (and are not limited to) the following:
- Camtasia Studio (for screencasting and video editing)
- Snagit (for capturing and editing images)
- iSpring (PowerPoint-to-Flash and -HTML5 conversion)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word 2010 Expert, PowerPoint 2010 Specialist)
- Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat
- WordPress (content management system)
- Blackboard, Moodle, CourseSites, and LearnDash for WordPress (learning management systems)
- GoToWebinar, Blackboard Collaborate, and Adobe Connect (web conferencing systems)
- Adobe Dreamweaver and Weebly (website creation tools)
- FileZilla (FTP client)
Thanks for visiting. If you have questions, just contact me!